Golden Gate Bridge

Guided Area - New Cool UC Berkeley startup that will turn your smartphone into smart area guide!

The Golden Gate Bridge is a suspension bridge spanning the Golden Gate, the opening of the San Francisco Bay into the Pacific Ocean. It links the city of San Francisco, on the northern tip of the San Francisco Peninsula, to Marin County. The Bridge is 746 ft (227.4 m) tall and 4,200 ft (1,280.2 m) long. It was designed by Joseph Strauss, Irving Morrow, and Charles Ellis, construction started in 1933 and finished in 1937. When completed, the Golden Gate Bridge had the longest main span in the world for almost thirty years. It is one of the most internationally recognized symbols of San Francisco, California, and of the United States. It has been declared one of the modern Wonders of the World by the American Society of Civil Engineers.

Qolsharif Mosque

The Qol Sharif mosque is the central touristic attraction of Kazan Kremlin, located in Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia. It was reputed to be - at the time of its construction - the largest mosque in Russia, and in Europe outside of Istanbul. It was built from 1995 to 2005, the completion date marked the beginning of celebrations dedicated to the Millennium of Kazan. Originally, the mosque was built in the 16th century. It was named after Qol Sharif, a religious leader who served there. Qol Sharif died with his numerous students while defending Kazan from Russian forces in 1552 during the siege of Kazan and the mosque was destroyed by Ivan The Terrible leaving no visual evidence of the original look. The modern building represents an attempt to rebuild the mosque.

Sather Tower

Sather Tower is a campanile (bell and clock tower) on the University of California, Berkeley campus. It is more commonly known as "The Campaneelee" due to its resemblance to the Campanile di San Marco in Venice, and serves as UC Berkeley's most recognizable symbol. It was completed in 1914 and first opened to the public in 1917. The tower stands 307 feet (93.6 m) tall, making it the third tallest bell and clock-tower in the world. It was designed by John Galen Howard, founder of the College of Environmental Design. Since then, it has been a major point of orientation in almost every campus master plan. The tower has seven floors, with an observation deck on the eighth floor. The Tower houses a full concert carillon, enlarged from the original 12-bell carillon installed in October 1917 to 48 bells in 1979 and the current 61 bells in 1983.